Oct 19, 2021  
2018 - 2019 Graduate Catalog 
2018 - 2019 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

A&S: Financial Obligations

Part-time Students Who Withdraw from William & Mary

Part-time students who withdraw completely within the first school week of the semester are eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees. After the first week, the amount of the tuition and fees to be charged will follow the full-time withdrawal schedule.

Students will not be eligible for any refund of tuition if required to withdraw from William & Mary.

Part-time Students Who Withdraw from a Course

A part-time student who withdraws from a course after the add/drop period and remains registered for other academic work will not be eligible for a refund.

Credit for Scholarships

Students who have been awarded financial aid are required to pay any amount not covered by the award by the established semester payment due date to avoid being charged a late payment fee. The Office of the Bursar must receive written notification, using the Outside Scholarship Reporting Form, of any outside scholarship from the organization before the credit can be given towards tuition and fees. Outside scholarships are any scholarships a student receives that do not come directly from William & Mary. Students are required to report all outside scholarships to the Bursar, even if the scholarship is paid directly to the student. Outside scholarship funds may affect other aid that you have already been offered.  A student whose scholarships exceed total charges may apply for a refund beginning the first day of classes through the Student Account Refund Process

Unpaid Accounts

If there are any outstanding debts to William & Mary, a hold will be placed on your William & Mary account making you ineligible for any services such as registration for classes, official transcripts, or a diploma.  An account is considered delinquent when payment has not been received by the payment due date.  Once your account is considered delinquent (more than 59 days past due), William & Mary is required by the Commonwealth of Virginia to send your account to either a private Collection Agency or the Office of the Attorney General depending on the dollar amount past due. Contact the University Receivables & Collections Office for additional information.